Komatsu Shantui was established jointly by Shantui Construction Machinery Co., Ltd., Komatsu, Komatsu (China) Ltd. and Sumitomo Corporation in 1995. As one of the top 50 global construction machinery manufacturers and the top 500 Chinese manufacturers, it mainly produces small and medium-sized hydraulic excavators with an annual production capacity of 15,000 units.
Komatsu Shantui Construction Machinery Co., Ltd. covers an area of 410,900 square meters. The company park is mainly large-scale manufacturing plants, which is a big challenge to deploy wired phones. And there are nearly a thousand employees and frequent internal communication is required. What's more, most employees work in noisy environments such as assembly lines, welding lines, and inspection lines, and they often need to move around different workshops. As the situation required, main requirements for their phone system included:
1. Expansion of phone and network lines with Wireless solution as the factory area was unable to extend the phone and network lines.
2. Achieving HD voice quality phone calls in noisy environment with Portable IP phones in the mechanized assembly line working environment.
3. Support seamless communication between the APs within the Wi-Fi coverage range using Portable phones.
4. Save Call bills between employees with Free internal calls.
5. Phones should support centralized import of a large number of contacts with an integrated search function for quick search of the target Contacts and Call-out.
Flyingvoice provided a mobile wireless network communication solution according to Komatsu Shantui's requirements.
1. Wireless AP and portable FIP16 IP phones at factory, warehouse and outdoor premises of the corporate area.
2. Fast roaming of VoIP phones achieved by each AP using the same SSID and password on 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.
3. Wireless LAN controller and FDC management software for centralized management of APs and IP phones in each factory and warehouse.
• Dual-band Wireless Connection
FIP16 supports 2.4GHz & 5GHz dual-band wireless connection, which require no wiring and can be deployed flexibly.
• HD Voice Communication
The FIP16 IP phone adopts HD Voice Technology, and the calls among 300 wireless phones in Komatsu’s different factories and warehouses were clear and stable. Free internal calls reduced communication costs.
• Centralized Management & Easy Maintenance
FDC management software can carry out unified SIP configuration, software upgrade, phone book import, etc., which greatly reduces the configuration and maintenance costs of new equipment.
• Fast Roaming
The portable FIP16 IP phone supports IEEE802.11k/r, achieving fast roaming between APs. Enjoy a truly seamless calling experience while moving around.
• Improved Efficiency with Quick Search Function
FIP16 IP phone is based on the FDC management software, which can quickly import large Phone Contact lists. The search function can quickly search for and call out the target Contact, helping to improve work efficiency.